Equating the word “luxury” with heavy details and complicated décor is often common with clients. They want the most for their budgets even at the expense of overpowering what could be a memorable event. Truth is, luxury events can be lavish, memorable, and simple. Quite simple.
Here are a few ways:
- Using your event venue’s ambiance and setting as a part of your décor. A country club or yacht clubs provide much in the way of florals, greenery, and even water that can be considered.
- Color used in accents (flowers and dishes) can turn a plain room into something fantastic.
- People make almost any event luxurious. Why do you think white parties are a big hit? Theme parties too. It’s how the people interpret the theme or the color and their wardrobes to fit the theme that can make something simple yet luxurious.
- Using time to create luxury. Time can mean “time of day” or the season or an era or phase. Nighttime events can rely heavily on lighting as a part of the décor just as natural light from an outdoor event is décor and a determination of food choices. Events based on the seasons lend their own types of luxury with color, festivity, and temperature-related décor choices.
- Food is always a way to create a luxury event, because the dining experience is the focus. The right people will enjoy each other as they enjoy the food. The experience is the luxury.
These are but a few examples of how luxury can be simple with almost any event budget. In the future, I will share how to create luxury when a budget is challenged.