I’ve just returned from Brazil and an activity-filled excursion. Recall that I am an event planner and my non-vacation life is about to become hectic with events and meetings to the end of the year. How in the world will I recuperate? Well, I have a few tips:
- Regard your return home like a coveted spa retreat. Take the languishing bath and shower, drink plenty of hydrating fluids like vegetable and fruit-infused water, and rest.
- Move slowly and mindfully. Give yourself the privilege of completing tasks that have piled up in batches so that you can complete them without stress.
- Stretch. Take a Pilates or yoga class. Go for a leisurely walk. Stretch out those muscles.
- Eat well and eat lightly. Don’t eat anything too heavy that can cause fatigue. Eat whole foods.
- Give yourself time to reconnect with your real life. Reconnect in small doses and little-by-little, but always reconnect with what matters most – family and good friends.
Be gentle with yourself.